The Elipse® Balloon Weight Loss Program
If you are overweight and have a history of unsuccessful dieting, the ElipseTM Balloon Weight Loss Program may be right for you.
What does the Elipse Program consist of?
At the center of the 6 month Elipse Program is the Elipse Balloon, a soft balloon that is placed in your stomach. The Elipse Balloon takes up space in the stomach and helps the user feel full and eat less. The balloon is swallowed during a brief 20-minute office visit, and four months later, passes naturally without the need for a removal procedure. The comprehensive Elipse Balloon Weight Loss Program also includes counseling and coaching from a physician and trained nutritionist, a connected scale and a mobile app that allows you to track your progress and help you achieve your weight loss goals.
What results can be expected?
When combined with diet and lifestyle changes, the Elipse Program can lead to meaningful weight loss: Studies have shown that after following 16 weeks of therapy, patients on average lost between 13 and 15kgs1,2. Beyond the number on the scale, the patients often see improvement in their metabolism and in their quality of life1,2 For the entire time that you are losing weight, the Elipse Program helps you cultivate habits in order to achieve your weight loss goals.
How does the balloon and the program work?
Weight loss balloons work by inducing a feeling of fullness, taking up space in the stomach and slowing the passage of food. Their presence helps users feel fuller faster, training them to eat smaller portions3,4. As a participant in the comprehensive Elipse Program, you will receive substantial support to help you succeed.
- The Elipse Balloon: To help you make healthy nutrition and lifestyle choices to help you achieve weight-loss goals.
- Personalized Guide to Nutrition - Your nutritionist will make recommendations that are best suited to you, your body, and your goals
- A wireless Digital Scale - Your Allurion scale will provide constant updates of your progress to your care team and these multiple visits with your care team will help you get the maximum benefit from your Elipse Balloon.
Nathalie’s testimonial on the Elipse Program, patient at Clinique de Paris-Bercy, Paris
Nathalie, patient at Clinique de Paris-Bercy, describes her Elipse Experience: “The Elipse Balloon is a great tool to kickstart your weight-loss. It has helped me to make changes in my lifestyle as well as my eating habits. When you start feeling full by eating less, thanks to the Elipse Balloon, you start to realize that you were eating too much before”.
What are the advantages of the Elipse Program?
- Simplicity: Watch this 2-minute video of an Elipse Balloon being placed –without any surgery, endoscopy, or anesthesia.
- Support: Patients receive medical and nutritional support, a “smart” weighing scale and a mobile app to track their progress.
- Results: The Elipse Balloon helps you kick-start your weight-loss journey by helping you feel full and by encouraging the development of new habits.
How does the Elipse Balloon get into my stomach?
After your physician confirms that Elipse Balloon therapy is right for you, s/he will place the balloon in your stomach during a brief 20-minute outpatient visit. You will swallow a capsule that contains the deflated balloon along with a thin tube. Once the capsule has entered your stomach, your doctor will use the tube to fill the balloon with liquid. Once the balloon is filled, your doctor will gently remove the tube—and you’ll be on your way.
Is the balloon easy to swallow?
Most people are able to swallow the Elipse Balloon without issue. People who do have difficulty swallowing it can be assisted with a stylet used by their physician, who will guide the balloon into place—still without endoscopy or anesthesia*.
Why choose the Elipse Balloon?
While earlier generations of gastric balloons had to be placed and removed with an endoscopic medical procedure requiring anesthesia, the Elipse Balloon is the first gastric balloon that is swallowed and, months later, naturally excreted*.