Being a valued patient at QURO Obesity Center, you and your family have the following rights:
1. To Be Provided With The Highest Quality Medical Care
• Choose the treating doctor (depends on availability), as well as the option to reject him/ her upon furnishing a genuine reason.
• Be protected during treatment from any physical, verbal or psychological assault.
• Right To Pain Assessment and Management
2. To Make Known The Identities And Roles Of Each Patient’s Healthcare Team
• The right to know the identity (name and speciality) of the physician responsible for your care.
3. To Have Privacy And Confidentiality Of Patients’ Medical Records Maintained
• Obtain a medical report and a copy of all medical tests from the Medical Records department (upon your request and for an administration fee).
• Enjoy privacy while carrying out all examinations, procedures, and treatment at the hospital, and maintain the confidentiality of all your information.
• View your medical records under the supervision of the treating doctor or a medical team staff, according to EMIRATES HOSPITAL policies.
4. To Be Provided with Explanation, Education And Counseling
• Receive from the health care team, in a simple understandable manner (through a translator if needed), comprehensive information about your diagnosis, proposed treatment; alternative treatments; probabilities of treatment success or failure; therapy advantages and disadvantages.
• No surgery, minimally invasive procedures, anaesthesia, transfusion of blood and blood products, shall be performed without obtaining from you a written consent, after giving you all the necessary information. This must include the procedure benefits, available alternatives and all serious or common risks (if any).
• Participate in your care decision-making. QURO Obesity Center encourages patients, parents or legal guardians, to the extent they wish, to participate in planning and implementing treatment with nurses and physicians.
• Refuse the treatment (if you wish so). Thus, the treating doctor must inform you of the medical consequences of your refusal. Accordingly, you shall sign a release form prepared to that effect.
• Refuse examination or follow-up of your treatment details by any person not directly responsible for your care. For persons who are not directly involved in your treatment, they must have your prior permission to attend your case discussion, examination and treatment.
5. To Have your Queries Addressed
• Receive, upon discharge, written discharge notes from nurses including prescription, therapeutic plans and instructions that clarify how to take care of your health.
• Receive a complete explanation of the reasons to be transferred to another care centre - should the need arise - consequent obligations (financial and administrative), and alternatives. Hospital Management will take the necessary steps to obtain alternate medical centre approval before starting the transfer process.
6. To Be Provided with A Channel For Compliments and Feedback
• Feedback, suggestions and comments on services can be given in written format through the customer satisfaction form or email directly your comments or complaints to the administration via our website firstname.lastname@example.org
Being a valued patient at QURO Obesity Center, you and your family have the following responsibilities:
1. Provision of Information
• Provide complete and accurate information about present complaints, past illness, previous hospitalization and treatment, and any known drug allergy.
2. Following The Doctor’s Recommended Treatment Plan
• Follow the treating doctor’s instructions.
• Take the responsibility for refusing or not following the treatment plan, after being informed of consequences.
• Arrange for transportation back home should your care require anesthesia or sedation.
3. Respect And Consideration For Others
• Respect the Hospital rules and regulations in terms of visiting hours, food instructions and the like.
• Show consideration for others and deal with other patients and staff with respect.
• Avoid delay in taking appointment from the reception or nursing desk, as soon as requested by the doctor.
• Attend the appointment on time. If you want to cancel it, inform the appointment office 48 hours in advance by calling +971 2 20 35020 (NMC) or +971 4 520 0500 (Emirates Hospital)
• Respect the priority given to emergency cases.
• Give requested samples and attend check ups on time.
4. Hospital Charges
• Ensure that financial obligations due for QURO Obesity Center are fulfilled promptly.